Saturday, November 22, 2008

Store-bought ice cream worth buying

As you may have read in a previous post, I was thoroughly disappointed with the quality of Dreyer's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Loaded ice cream.  I ranted about how The Man is sticking it to us by resizing the standard half-gallon to 1.5 quarts (that's a 25% reduction).  I had all but lost faith in non-premium ice cream when the hubby brought this one home.




Lovin' Scoopful... the name says it all. Had I not read the container, I never would have guessed that this was a light ice cream. It was -- dare I say -- satisfying. Not quite a half-gallon, but 1/8 less is better than 1/4 less.



If I didn't want it to be true, I wouldn't believe the way their numbers stacked up to Dreyer's. Lovin' Scoopful is first.



Thank you, Lovin' Scoopful. You rock!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does somebody make ice cream without high fructose corn syrup? That stuff is very bad for you.

July 17, 2009 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger kawehi said...

I haven't studied ingredient lists, but I know of one: Haagen Daz's Five line. http://www.haagen-dazs.com/products/five.aspx

I'm sure the manufacturers are hearing comments like yours and starting to respond with more "back to basics" products like this. Yay!

July 17, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home