Monday, November 17, 2008

Birthday Dinner at Gyotaku on King Street

I'm soooo behind on my blogs!  I have pictures from my birthday dinner in September.  I was trying to finish my paying work before my son's babysitter went on vacation for three and a half weeks in October. While she was gone, I totally had no time to blog and here it is, almost Thanksgiving!  But, good news: I was lucky enough to eat out.  Many times. So, here we go... my birthday dinner at Gyotaku.

My birthday fell on a Tuesday.  And since my three and a half year old son now eats close to a full-sized meal, Gyotaku's Monday & Tuesday "Kids Eat Free" special sounded good.

We don't normally order an appetizer, but since it was a special occasion, we started off with a Godzilla roll ($13.95).


There's shrimp and green onion tempura, spicy ahi, maguro, avocado and bonito, drizzled with a sweet shoyu-based sauce. It was huge and it was yummy! I had my doubts about tempura green onion, but not anymore. Deep fried green onions taste ono.


There are choices for the  kid's meal. My son got the udon and tempura (one piece shrimp, and one piece sweet potato). There are also lima beans and corn in butter and an orange wedge.  The meal also comes with two pieces of origami paper and origami instructions, a drink, dessert (either pudding or ice cream), and a toy. It's normally $6.50, but since it was Tuesday, it was free-ninety-free. Gotta love that!

Here is the tempura sashimi teishoku ($19.95):

That's four pieces of shrimp tempura, chawan mushi, miso soup, salad, pickles, sashimi and rice.

The zaru soba, california roll, tempura combo


which came with a salad, spicy tuna roll and miso soup.


An adult udon, inari norimaki, tempura combo ($15.95)

It also included a salad.

And finally, the Gyotaku Combination Bento 3 (three choices). This one is a katsu, miso butterfish, tempura combo for $19.95.

It also came with miso soup, salad, pickles and rice.

Obviously, our family likes tempura...

The menu with prices is on their website: http://www.gyotakuhawaii.com/PrintMenus.html

We had Gyotaku cater my son's birthday party and they did a great job. Everything was ready for pickup on time, and neatly packed in serving dishes. They even included serving utensils (tongs and rice paddles). The food was as good as eating in. Gyotaku is very consistent in their food quality. I don't remember everything we had for the party, but I do remember the yakitori (teri chicken kabobs) and yaki soba, both of which were very good.

Gyotaku King Street
1824 King Street

Ph 949-4584

Hours:
Sun-Thurs 11am-9pm
Fri-Sat 11am-10pm

Gyotaku Niu Valley
5730 Kalanianaole Highway in the Niu Valley Shopping Center

Ph 373-2731

Hours:
Sun-Thurs 11am-9pm
Fri-Sat 11am-10pm

There is also another location in Pearl City.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot the Big Asahi beers!

November 20, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home