Saturday, November 22, 2008

Nordstrom Cafe: take two and three


Like my Anniversary present?

Ha! I wish. That was just one of the fun things to play with at Nordstrom Ala Moana. It was actually a key fob.

I've been back to Nordstrom two more times since the first blog entry. And I've taken lots of photos.

Here is the entrance before rush hour:


Here's the entrance when it's starting to get busy:


Every time I've had to stand in line, there was a server handing out samples and menus while we waited.

This is what it looks like inside:


Salads




Pizza, pasta, and sandwiches


Hot entrees


And desserts


(If you want to see a larger version of a photo, just click on it and you will be taken to a page where you can magnify the picture.)

When I had lunch with a friend, she ordered the Mushroom Ravioli and I ordered the Salmon with Roasted Vegetables.

The Ravioli was creamy and delicious. My friend, however, felt a little ill towards the end of her meal because it was so rich.


The salmon was done perfectly...just cooked all the way through and moist and tender. Mmmm! The vegetables were also done very well. I ate every single morsel.

And since I had the Red Velvet cake the past two times I came here, and since the sample they gave us at the door was so enticing, we ordered a slice of Turtle Cake, aptly named for the tender flakes of turtle meat in the chocolate frosting. Just kidding, it's named after a candy that was popular a few generations ago that had chocolate, caramel and pecans. The chocolate cake was heavy and moist, but not dense like a truffle. I don't know what the filling was, but it was very yummy and not too sweet.


When I went to dinner with the hubby I had the Braised Shortribs with Mushroom Risotto. OMG! It was absolutely delish! Not quite as tender as I've ever had it (it wasn't falling off the bone), but the flavor was intense. Nice and beefy in a wine reduction. Mixed mushrooms in the risotto. I was literally "mmmm-ing" through the whole meal.


On my recommendation, the hubby got the salmon. Unfortunately, it was overdone. Kinda dry, a little tough. Not as tasty as last time. Bummer.


Not that you've never seen this before, but since we took pictures... Here is the Ginger Ale and bottomless Plantation Iced Tea. You could actually taste the tea in this iced tea. The servers come back around and refill your glass.


Address, hours and menu are on the previous Nordstrom entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home